What are cryptocurrencies?
There are hundreds of cryptocurrencies sharing common features:
- Digital assets and a permissionless medium of exchange
- Ownership of the cryptocurrency is maintained via a decentralized ledger system called Blockchain
- The Blockchain is maintained and updated by cryptocurrency miners. They are incentivized to update as they get rewarded through coins
- Many have a finite number of coins that can ever be mined (i.e. 21 million in the case of Bitcoin)
- Mined using powerful computers that solve complex math problems to ‘earn’ currency. Each new coin becomes incrementally more difficult to mine
How do cryptocurrencies compare to fiat currencies?
Many advantages over fiat currency:
- Act as a fraud deterrent – cryptocurrencies are digital and cannot be counterfeited or reversed by the sender
- Immediate settlement
- No intermediary required
- Lower transaction costs
- Transactions are verified and protected though a confirmation process, which prevents the problem of double spending currencies
- Decentralized – no central authority (government or financial institution)
Where does the stock trade and what is its symbol?
Malbex trades on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol COIN.
What is the Company’s year-end?
Who are its auditors?
Who is the Company’s transfer agent?
Who is on the Board? Management team?
Please see the Board & Management page.
Why should I invest in the Company?
Where can I find the most recent presentation?